Richard Ha writes:
We could use your support.
HB 1257 is going to be heard by Rep. Herkes’ Consumer Protection Committee.
Send testimony in support of HB 1257 to CPCtestimony@Capitol.hawaii.gov. It should be less than five pages in length; couple sentences plenty.
This bill’s essential elements are simple. It requires the PUC to consider the following three factors when it issues approvals for electricity generation:
- Consider the technology as to its effectiveness
- Consider the amounts of greenhouse gases emitted
- Consider the costs to the rate payers compared to alternatives.
Persons wishing to offer comments should submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the February 2nd hearing with a transmittal cover indicating:
- Testifier's name, with position/title and organization
- The committee the comments are directed to (the Consumer Protection Committee)
- The date and time of the hearing (Feb 2, 2011 at 2:05 p.m.)
- Measure number: HB 1257
Please send this to your friends, too. Mahalo.